This weekend we celebrated our 8th Anniversary as Laurel Baptist Church. It started with a day of fellowship at our church-wide picnic on Saturday, followed by tremendous services during our celebration on Sunday. God is doing something very special here.
Here are some of the highlights of the day:
- David Ozuna, one of our young men who is now serving in ministry at Promised Land Baptist Church, sang “We Will Remember” with our church choir during the morning services.
- During the 8:45am & 10:30am services I preached from Acts 2:41-47 on “Let’s Continue…” believing the Bible, growing our faith, praying together, lifting up Jesus, walking in unity, giving generously, faithfully assembling together, worshipping genuinely, pursuing godliness, and following God’s plan for our church. Listen Here.
- We watched a 8th Anniversary Video prepared by Pastor Jared as we remembered all that God has done in these short, 8 years (video attached below).
- We heard from the original Leadership Team and their wives about the early days beginning with just 36 people and all that has transpired since.
- We recognized the original members, 15 of them, that started with us in the summer of 2008. I thankful for their faith, commitment, and patience with me.
- We rejoiced as we welcomed 71 new members to our church family over the past 12 months.
- My father, Harold Blankenship, challenged us from Joshua 3 to “Rely On God” as He takes us places we have never been before. What a challenging, spirit-filled message! Listen here.
- Kathleen, myself, and our children were extremely honored by your generosity toward us as a church family and as individuals. Thank you for loving us, supporting us, and encouraging us as your pastor. We are beyond grateful for how you expressed that love to us Sunday!
I stand amazed at all that God has done in these 8 years, but I am so excited about what He is going to do in the years to come. I am humbled at God’s work. I am honored to be your pastor. I am happy about our future together. Happy Anniversary, Laurel Baptist Church!