I’m looking forward to our upcoming all night prayer meeting for the men of our church. The Lord put this in my heart several months ago as we have continued our journey in becoming a genuine house of prayer. I’m asking the men of our church to join me for this special and serious time of seeking the Lord. I know many might wonder, “Why an ALL NIGHT prayer meeting? Isn’t our Wednesday prayer service enough? What about all the time we spend every Sunday in prayer before God?”
There have been many occasions in Scripture where people of God sacrificed something in order to prove the sincerity and faith of their prayers. In fact, this is the purpose of fasting. Depriving oneself of food without committing to serious times of prayer just results in starving. However, when we fast and pray we gain the attention of heaven (Matthew 17:21).
There are times in our lives we need to show the Lord how committed and serious we are in relation to our prayers. Consider these times when men of God sacrificed sleep in order to prove the seriousness of their prayer:
- Genesis 32:24 – And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
- 1 Samuel 15:11 – It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king: for he is turned back from following me, and hath not preformed my commandments. And it grieved Samuel; and he cried unto the Lord all night.
- 2 Samuel 12:16 – David therefore besought God for the child; and David fasted, and went in, and lay all night upon the earth.
- Psalm 63:6 – When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.
- Lamentations 2:19 – Arise, cry out in the night:in the beginning of the watches pour out thine heart like water before the face of the Lord.
- Luke 6:12 – And it came to pass in those days, that he [Jesus] went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.
- Acts 16:25 – And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God.
I’m asking the men of our church, who are serious about pursuing God, to join me on Friday, August 14th from 11:00pm to 5:00am for special prayer. It is during this time I will share some things about what God is doing in my life and in our church that I have not publicly shared before. I will ask you to join me in prayer, through the night, over the needs of our church family, our city, and our ministry. We will show God our desire for His presence in our church, above all. This all night prayer meeting is about taking off the mask of Sunday spirituality and proving the inward desire of our need for God.
The structure will vary that evening…
- We will have periods of singing through worship songs, including testimonies and praise.
- We will discuss Scripture centered on prayer and God’s presence in our lives and church.
- We will vary our approach in prayer – sometimes all together, sometimes in small groups, and sometimes alone.
- We will pause from time to time through the night for coffee, donuts, and light snacks to keep us refreshed and alert.
Will you join me for this all night prayer meeting? I’m asking God now to use this dedicated night of prayer to launch a special outpouring of His presence and blessings. Sign up here to join me for the all night prayer meeting.